ANY MAKE OR MODEL OF LAPTOP
Unlike watching a YouTube video this training will prepare you so that YOU could be the person creating YouTube videos
Tekmoz – a laptop repairing course or training guide
What you will have learnt by the end of this laptop repair tutorial.
- How to take apart any laptop or netbook regardless of it’s age, make or model and re-assemble it.
- How to take apart any PC and re-assemble it.
- Understand how computers work.
- How to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems with laptops and when to pass the work to more specialist engineers and still make a profit.
- How to troubleshoot and get rid of viruses.
Repairs and troubleshooting we will cover on this training course
- Laptop CD/DVD drive replacement
- Laptop or netbook screen replacement
- Troubleshooting dim screens
- Keyboard problems – replacing keys or whole keyboards in laptops
- Case issues – how to replace or repair a laptop case
- USB / Power Socket issues – learn to re-solder or replace
- Mouse / Track pad replacement Laptop built in webcam replacement
- Power issues – learn to troubleshoot laptop power issues
- Hard drive problems fixed
- Data recovery
- Memory module testing
- Laptop runs hot or randomly restarts
Laptops evolve all of the time and there are so many variations that if you plan to repair laptops for a living you really need to understand how they work. You need to be able to apply your knowledge to any type of laptop or netbook without constantly referring to tear down guides.
This is what Tekmoz gives you – a clear understanding of how laptops are put together, how they work and how you can repair or replace parts to fix them.
Tekmoz will give you the skills to work as a laptop repair technician – perhaps start your own business, add to your existing skill-set, save money by repairing your own laptop or even just learn a great useful new skill.
It does NOT cover chip or motherboard repair and there is a good reason for this.
As the author of this work I have worked in the industry for 20 years and I make a good living from repairing laptops and computers. However, like most computer technicians I am not an electronics engineer – if I have chip issues or motherboard issues I have a specialist take care of that for me simply because I can spend more time replacing parts such as a keyboard or laptop screen repair – these are quick and easy jobs & make you great money.
What I will teach you is how to do the job of a laptop repair technician so you can apply your skills in a smart & efficient manner when it comes to fixing a laptop.
For laptop repair training…you will need a laptop to practice on
In order to get the most from this laptop repair training you should really obtain a laptop to practise on.
It doesn’t matter if the one you pick actually works or not.
Where can I get a laptop to practice repairing?
The best place to pick up a cheap laptop to practice on is Ebay, search for ‘broken Laptops’. The last time we checked there were over 10,000 laptops you could pick up to practice on. You can check yourself before moving on with the training.
We recommend that you do. Done that? Good. Imagine being able to buy, repair and sell those laptops! You can strip them down and sell the parts of simply fix and resell them.
Tools you will need during the training
For the majority of laptop repair jobs we have found that you will mostly only use a selection of precision screwdrivers and occasionally a soldering iron. We will cover the tools you require on the next page. If you have these already, great, if not then again Ebay or Amazon are a great source for these.
Workbench, desk or kitchen table
Try to create a place to work where you have plenty of space. Taking a laptop apart can produce a lot of parts that may need to be spread around to help keep a track on where they came from or to help you determine a fault. Remember that laptop parts can sharp and can scratch a table so make sure wherever you work you bear this in mind. We prefer to work on a piece of foam or cork board, rolled up foam is great if you need to take a laptop apart when working from a clients home.
You will also need
- Plastic screw box
- Large tub for placing your laptop parts into
- Pen / Pencil and paper or job sheet print out from our members area
- Sharpie pen
- Sticky tape that can write upon
Things we recommend you have to aid your training
- Blank CD for burning our recommended boot Disk to and other utilities
- External Hard Drive for backing up data to
- clean paint brush
- alcohol wipes and liquid for cleaning
- lint free cloths
Ok that’s an overview of what is required. Let’s have a look at some tools in a little more detail.